Shrimp is a versatile food that’s high in protein and low in fat, carbs, and calories. The healthy lime shrimp recipe below combines sweet and savory Asian-influenced flavors. You get a nice balance of lime, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and cilantro. It’s a pretty great sauce to put on any fish, really, and shrimp is no exception.
Here are some things you can do with it:
- Combine shrimp with a healthy salad of romaine, spinach or other green, leafy vegetable.
- Add shrimp your favorite veggies and stir fry in a wok.
- Serve with a whole grain cracker and a dab of yogurt or cream cheese.
- Toss shrimp with some whole grain pasta or quinoa.
- Serve plain with a toothpick for each shrimp.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|10 min||0 min||4|
- 1 lb. Cooked Shrimp (tails chopped off)
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 T Fresh Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp. Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp. Soy Sauce
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours then serve.
135 calories, 3 g fat (.5 saturated), 3 g carbs (1 g fiber), 24 g protein, 421 mg sodium