Ok, technically the color in this “white” gazpacho soup recipe is more yellow-ish … or off-white … or biege. You get the picture. But here’s a bold statement I’ll make about this healthy “white-ish” gazpacho.
It’s one of the best soups I’ve ever made.
Now please understand: I am my toughest critic, so I don’t make claims like this often and when I do, it’s the real deal.
If you don’t like regular gazpacho, that’s okay. This is still a cold soup, yes, but it has a completely different flavor profile than the gazpacho most people are used to.
Here’s a look at the ingredients:
And here’s a look at the final product:
So try it out … and prepare to get lots of compliments.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|15 min||0 min||4|
Ingredients: White Gazpacho Soup Recipe
- 2 ears of corn
- 3 yellow tomatoes
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 small jalapeno pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T vinegar (I used red wine but white wine works too)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
1. Boil corn for 3-4 minutes and quickly transfer to pot of cool water.
2. Dice the tomatoes, celery, onion, jalapeno, cucumber, and onion. Combine the diced veggies together and set half aside.
3. Transfer the other half of the veggies to a blender or food processor.
4. Slice corn off each stalk with a sharp knife (be sure to cut down and away from you so you don’t lose a finger). Add half the corn to your reserved veggie pile and the other half to the blender or food processor.
5. Add a couple ice cubes to the blender along with the olive oil and vinegar. Blend on medium-high for 30 seconds.
6. Divide liquid evenly between 4 bowls and divide the chopped veggies evenly into each bowl. Mix thoroughly.
7. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours (optional) then serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
144 calories, 8 g fat, 19 g carbs, 3 g protein, 526 mg sodium
Get other healthy soup recipes here. And sign up for my newsletter below to instantly download 48 free recipe cards, including some amazing soups you won’t find on my site!