Even though I try and come up with different healthy dinner recipes most nights of the week, my daily lunch doesn’t change much. I almost always eat a turkey sandwich with cheese on whole wheat bread, some hummus with veggies, and a glass of water. This turkey wrap with horseradish mayo is a great way to switch it up and do something a little different.
It’s a healthier version of most sandwiches and wraps you’ll find. Here’s why:
1. First, my favorite deli turkey in the world is Dietz and Watson Gourmet Lite Turkey Breast. It’s lower in fat than most turkey breast, has 40 percent less sodium, has no fillers or artificial flavors, no nitrates, and is gluten-free. I make a special trip to separate grocery store to get this turkey every week … it’s totally worth it.
2. I also use a whole wheat pita bread so you’re not eating a bunch of white flour and refined carbs.
3. Then, I add a low-sodium cheese like muenster (Swiss works too) and a piece of romaine lettuce.
4. And to top it off, there’s a delicious and low calorie horseradish mayo sauce. I use mayonnaise with olive oil, which is lower in calories and contains healthier monounsaturated fats.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|5 min||0 min||1|
Ingredients: Turkey Wrap with Horseradish Mayo
- 1 whole wheat pita
- 3 oz. low sodium turkey (like Dietz and Watson Gourmet Lite)
- 1 thin slice muenster cheese
- 1 leaf of romaine lettuce
- Horseradish mayo: 1 T mayo with olive oil combined with 1 tsp. horseradish and black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients for the horseradish mayo in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Heat pita in microwave for 20 seconds so it folds easier.
3. Spread horseradish mayo inside pita and add turkey, cheese, and lettuce.
4. Fold up your turkey wrap and enjoy.
367 calories, 15 g fat, 33 g carbs, 4.5 g protein, 897 mg sodium