I start every day with a healthy smoothie. It’s an easy way to get several servings of fruits and vegetables and give yourself an instant energy boost. This recipe has the following nutrition powerhouses:
- Loaded with good fats.
- May help lower cholesterol and reduce blood triglycerides; regulate blood pressure and prevent heart disease.
- Are high in fiber, which promotes a healthy digestive system and keeps you full.
- Are high in antioxidants .
- Good source of immune-boosting vitamin C.
- Promote eye health.
- May help improve cholesterol and blood pressure, increase circulation, and lower risk of heart disease.
- Possible anti-cancer properties.
- Contain antioxidants that combat the onset of osteoporosis, atherosclerosis and high blood pressure.
- Promote healthy vision.
- Support healthy nervous system and brain function.
Plus, I use almond milk instead of regular milk so this recipe is perfect for those of you with a lactose intolerance or sensitivity.
Here’s my healthy Strawberry Smoothie Recipe with Avocado and Spinach …
- 1 avocado (peeled with the seed removed)
- 1 cup frozen organic strawberries
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups organic spinach
- 5 ice cubes
- 4-6 oz. water
269 calories, 18 g fat, 21 g carbs, 3 g protein