If you can get past the annoying preparation required, fresh artichokes are one of the most delicious vegetables you can eat when cooked properly. This steamed artichoke recipe is actually pretty easy. It has just 5 ingredients!
I’m not going to try and explain how to prepare artichokes … I’ll leave that to the experts. Check out this video from one of the most famous chefs ever, Jacques Pepin. It gives an excellent overview and is worth watching.
So give this Steamed Artichoke Recipe with Lemon Butter Sauce a whirl. I’m interested to know what other ingredients you add with artichokes?? Feel free to leave a comment below!
Ingredients: Steamed Artichoke Recipe with Lemon Butter Sauce
- 3 artichokes
- 2 T Organic Valley whipped butter
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Black pepper (to taste)
1. Heat up a few cups of water in the steamer.
2. Prepare the artichokes (see video above).
3. Squeeze juice from lemon into a bowl and set aside. Steam artichokes with lemon peels for 20-25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat a pan to medium low heat.
5. Add butter and lemon juice. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
6. Remove artichokes from the steamer and scoop out the inedible thistle.
7. Drizzle artichokes with lemon butter sauce, salt, and fresh black pepper and serve.
173 calories, 13.5 g fat, 29 g carbs (13.5 g fiber), 7.5 g protein, 487 mg sodium