Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls … it’s time for another installment of The Healthy Eating Guide’s healthy recipe spectacular! Today we’ll be featuring a new recipe that will allow you to expand your culinary horizons in ways you never thought possible. Introducing my Spicy Daikon Radish Recipe with Sun Dried Tomatoes!
All bantering aside, you may or may not remember my first Daikon Radish Recipe. This one is drastically different. I used a combination of shredded Daikon, onions, jalapenos, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, and Parmesan-reggiano cheese. This last ingredient is important. Don’t skimp on the cheese. Splurge and buy a good piece of Parmesan-reggiano. It’s a firm, salty, delicious cheese that makes a big difference in flavor.
Health-wise, this recipe will only set you back 230 calories, which is pretty sweet because it’s a filling side dish. I served mine with my Cheesy Chicken with Herbes de Provence recipe and the whole meal came in at only 450 calories.
So check out my new Daikon radish recipe and let me know what you think.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
Ingredients: Spicy Daikon Radish Recipe
- 1 Daikon radish
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 jalapeno (seeds removed if you don’t like a lot of spice)
- 2 T sundried tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 T Parmesan-reggiano cheese
- Black pepper (to taste)
1. Peel the skin off the radish and cut the ends off. Use a grater to finely chop the daikon into small pieces.
2. Heat a pan to medium-low. Add the olive oil and Daikon and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. While radish is cooking, dice the onion, jalapeno, sun dried tomatoes, and garlic.
4. Add onion, jalapeno, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper to pan. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
5. Remove from heat, top with shredded Parmesan-reggiano cheese, and serve.
230 calories, 19 g fat, 8 g carbs (2.5 g fiber), 6 g protein, 607 mg sodium