What do you do when you’re cooking burgers for two and you have a bunch of ground beef left over? Roll up some meatballs with the remaining beef and use them in this recipe that features sauteed kale, beets, onions, and a homemade bruschetta.
I’ve definitely taken prettier food pics than this before, but don’t judge a book by its cover because it tastes pretty good.
Start with some organic dinosaur kale. Add some beets, onions, and homemade bruschetta (recipe below). Add a pinch of salt and some simple and quick homemade grass fed beef meatballs (recipe below as well) and you’re in business. If you’re new to these parts, this is why you should spend a few more bucks and buy grass fed beef.
The best part: this recipe only has 196 calories per serving and is loaded with antioxidant-filled veggies and heart healthy fats!
Here’s the recipe …
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|10 min||25 min||4|
Ingredients: Healthy Sauteed Kale Recipe with Beets and Homemade Grass Fed Meatballs
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 large beet
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale
- 1/2 cup homemade bruschetta
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 lb. grass-fed ground sirloin
- Black pepper (to taste)
1. Combine 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper with ground sirloin. Form into small meatballs and cook on a pan over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until browned on the outside. Set meatballs aside.
2. Peel and dice beet and onion. Rinse and de-stem the kale and cut into bite-sized pieces.
3. Saute the beets and onion with the coconut oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Add kale and continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes.
4. Add salt, pepper, and bruschetta to pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer for another couple minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
196 calories, 25 g fat, 8.5 g carbs (2 g fiber), 17 g protein, 361 mg sodium
Want More Healthy Recipes Like This?
2. Subscribe to my website on the right or below to get exclusive recipes not found on my site.