To make this amazing and healthy leek soup recipe there are two essential components: 1. fresh leeks, and 2. a homemade beef broth. So go grab some fresh leeks from your local farmers market like I did and whip up a batch of the homemade beef broth recipe from Nourished Kitchen and you’ll be ready to make this simple, quick and healthy soup recipe.
I like to make a big batch of broth and freeze it for later use. So feel free to double or triple the broth recipe if you’d like. When you have some broth ready-to-go in your fridge or freezer, this recipe will only take about 20 minutes from start to finish and the end-product is chef-worthy and nutritious … just 117 calories, 8.5 grams of fat, and 9 grams of carbs!
Here’s the recipe. I’d love to hear your feedback below (just leave a comment or post it to Twitter, Facebook, or Google Plus).
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|10 min||10 min||4|
Ingredients: Leek Soup Recipe with Homemade Beef Broth
- 2 leeks
- 2 T coconut oil
Homemade Beef Broth:
- 2 beef soup bones
- 1 clove of garlic
- Vegetable scraps (I used some onions, carrots, and celery)
- 3 T cider vinegar
- 2 bay leafs
- 6 cups filtered water
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Sea salt (to taste)
1. Make the beef broth according to the instructions on Nourished Kitchen’s website. (I suggest an organic, low-sodium boxed version if you don’t want to cook your own).
2. Chop and rinse the leek. Here’s how if you don’t know.
3. Bring a large saute pan to medium heat and add coconut oil and chopped leek. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently with a spatula.
4. Add leek to a blender with 6 cups of beef broth. Blend on medium for 30-45 seconds.
5. Transfer soup to a pot. Bring to boil then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Divide into four bowls and serve.
117 calories, 8.5 g fat, 9 g carbs, 3 g protein, 476 mg sodium