If you want to add a little tropical island flavor to your boring chicken breasts, this healthy Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe is for you. You’ll start with a citrus marinade with lemon and lime and a homemade Jamaican jerk seasoning mix.
This marinade is great for three reasons:
1. It helps the chicken absorb a nice citrus flavor that you’ll definitely notice when you take your first bite.
2. It can help reduce carcinogenic compounds that result from cooking.
3. Citrus fruits are high in disease-fighting antioxidants.
So let’s look at the nutrition facts for the recipe. It only has 218 calories, 9 grams of fat, and 4 grams of carbs. Nice!
Here’s the recipe … I welcome your feedback below!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|15 min||15 min||4|
Ingredients: Marinated Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 T Organic Valley Whipped Sweet Cream
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
1. Combine chicken in a plastic bag with juice from half the lemon, juice from half the lime, 1/4 tsp. salt, pepper, garlic powder, ginger, allspice, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Marinate overnight.
2. Let chicken sit in sink for half hour or so before cooking.
3. Pre-heat a non-stick pan to medium. Cook chicken for 5-6 minutes/side and remove from heat.
4. Add juice from remaining half of the lemon and lime along with olive oil, butter, coconut oil and the remaining 1/2 tsp. of salt. Reduce heat to low and reduce sauce for several minutes.
5. Top chicken with sauce and serve.
218 calories, 4 g carbs, 9 g fat, 27 g protein, 449 mg of sodium