Finding a healthy tomato meat sauce in the grocery store is a tough task. Most are filled with salt, sugar, and highly processed, unnatural ingredients. So why not make your own instead? This recipe will show you how to make your own meat sauce that tastes better and is cheaper and healthier than any crappy grocery store version.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|10 min||20 min||6|
Ingredients: Tomato Meat Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 lb. grass fed ground sirloin
- 1 onion
- 2 T olive oil
- 4 San Marzano tomatoes
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano (or 1 T fresh)
1. Peel and dice the onion and tomatoes. Peel and mince the garlic and carrot. Puree the tomatoes and carrot in a blender.
2. Cook ground beef with onions and olive oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
3. Add pureed tomatoes/carrots, cover, and simmer until sauce is reduced to your liking.
122 calories, 7 g fat, 5 g carbs (1 g fiber), 8.5 g protein, 281 mg sodium