You’ll often find sugar snap peas in Asian-inspired stir fry dishes. But raw sugar snap peas are an amazingly healthy snack too … especially with the simple homemade hummus in this recipe.
This healthy sugar snap peas recipe makes a great side dish and is a definite crowd-pleaser at parties. I mixed the homemade hummus sauce together with the snap peas, but you can also serve the hummus as a dipping sauce on the side.
You’ll only need about 20 minutes of time to prepare it too. If you have a food processor or high-powered blender like a Vitamix or BlendTec, it’ll make your job even easier too.
This recipe contains only healthy, all-natural ingredients. If you decide to buy canned beans instead of cooking them yourself, I recommend opting for a salt-free version. If you use beans with salt added, just omit the salt in the recipe below.
This sugar snap peas recipe tastes great and it’s healthy. I’m talking just 151 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving … plus 4 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein. Pretty sweet.
Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think …
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|10 min||20 min||4|
Ingredients: Sugar Snap Peas Recipe with Homemade Hummus
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 cup salt-free garbanzo beans (or dry beans that you’ve cooked)
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
1. If you’re using dried beans, soak them overnight. Drain and rinse. Bring a pot of water to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 90 minutes. Drain and rinse.
2. Combine all ingredients except sugar snap peas in a blender and blend together until smooth.
3. Mix peas together with homemade hummus or use as a dipping sauce.
151 calories, 7 g fat, 15 g carbs (4 g fiber), 5 g protein, 589 mg sodium