Quiche is a notoriously unhealthy yet delicious dish. Traditionally, quiche is made with lots of cheese, lots of butter, and lots of calories). That’s why I decided to try my hand at a healthy quiche recipe.
And it turned out pretty damn well.
A serving of this healthy quiche weighs in at 342 calories … and it’s a hefty serving. Add some tea or coffee, and that’s all you need. It’s a complete breakfast.
So here’s my healthy quiche recipe …
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|10 min||45 min||6|
- 1/2 cup Onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup Red Pepper (diced)
- 1 cup Spinach
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup Reduced Fat Sour Cream
- 6 links Applegate Farms Chicken & Maple Breakfast Sausage
- 4 oz. Shredded Reduced Sodium Swiss Cheese
- 4 oz. Shredded Reduced Fat Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1/4 cup Whole Grain Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Reduced Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- Black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium and coat with olive oil cooking spray. Add onions and peppers and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until tender. Add spinach and cook for another 2-3 minutes. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, and sour cream together. Stir in the onions, peppers, spinach ham, and half the cheese. Add to a greased 8-inch baking dish, and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.
342 calories, 16 g fat (3 saturated), 20.5 g carbs (3.5 g fiber), 31 g protein, 751 mg sodium