Green beans are one vegetable that don’t need a whole lot to make them taste great. This easy green beans recipe is one of my favorite ways to make green beans. There are just six ingredients: beans, lemon, butter, salt, sesame seeds, and sumac.
Sumac is a type of spice that has a tart, lemon-like flavor. It adds a nice, bright red color and pairs awesome with the lemon butter sauce. Speaking of butter, I prefer to stick with the real stuff. Look for real, all natural ingredients like cream and salt. The less ingredients, the better. I prefer Organic Valley Whipped Butter, which is lower in calories than most (just 50 per serving).
As far as nutrition facts go, this recipe has only 92 calories and 6.5 grams of fat. So try this healthy, easy green beans recipe and let me know what you think!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|10 min||15 min||4|
Ingredients: Easy Green Beans Recipe
- 1 bunch of green beans (enough for four people)
- 1 lemon
- 3 T whipped butter
- 1 tsp. sumac
- 2 T sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1. Chop or snap the ends off the green beans and rinse them.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil or heat up a steamer. Boil or steam for 8-10 minutes.
3. Drain and remove beans and reduce heat to low.
4. Add butter, salt, and lemon juice. Return beans to pan and simmer for a couple minutes.
5. Add sesame seeds and serve.
92 calories, 6.5 g fat, 7 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein, 271 mg sodium