Eating chicken breasts several times a week gets old. I know because I’ve been there, done that. That’s why I’m always on the lookout for new sauces and flavors to help enhance this otherwise boring, bland piece of meat. This Chicken with Mango Chutney Recipe features a new sauce that I’ve never made before. The sauce has a lot of ingredients, which isn’t something I normally do.
But chutneys are fairly complex. They combine a lot of different flavor profiles and textures. So that’s the main reason why this mango chutney recipe is more involved than most recipes you’ll see from me. If you want to make extra chutney and preserve it, check out this video.
Health-wise, this recipe will only set you back 275 calories and 7.5 grams of fat. It also has 27 grams of satisfying protein, which is a nice bonus.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|10 min||40 min||2|
Ingredients: Chicken with Mango Chutney Recipe
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup frozen mangoes (or fresh)
- 1 T pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 apple
- 1/2 onion
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T raisins
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 T red pepper
- 2 T cider vinegar
- 1 T lime juice
- 1 T mustard seed
- 2 T curry powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Black pepper (to taste)
1. Dice all fruits and vegetables.
2. Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
3. Add all ingredients except chicken.
4. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce sauce to syrup-like consistency.
5. Heat a non-stick pan to medium. Cut chicken into 4 oz. portions. Cook chicken for 5-6 minutes/side, until no longer pink in center. Let chicken rest for about 5 minutes … do NOT slice into it or you’ll release the juices and dry it out.
6. Top each chicken breast with a couple scoops of the mango chutney.
275 calories, 7.5 g fat, 22 g carbs (2 g fiber), 27 g protein, 322 mg sodium