Certain flavors were just made for each other, and so is the case with avocado, cilantro, and lime juice. That’s why I’m excited to share this chicken avocado salad with cilantro lime dressing with you.
It turned out to be one of the more refreshing, flavorful salads I’ve had in a while.
And, it’s absolutely loaded with nutritional goodness. It has an ideal balance of carbs, healthy fats, and lean protein. Plus, it’s a filling, complete meal that has 436 calories. I whipped this up for dinner and it was plenty to fill my big appetite.
Here’s the recipe. I’d love to hear your feedback below (just leave a comment or post it to Twitter, Facebook, or Google Plus).
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|10 min||10 min||2|
Ingredients: Chicken & Avocado Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 4 oz. chicken breast
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup white onion
- 1 green onion
- 2 small radishes
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1. Cook the chicken breast for 5-7 minutes/side or until it’s no longer pink on the inside.
2. Rinse, peel, and mince the onion and turnip.
3. Rinse and dice the green onion and mince the cilantro.
4. Peel the avocado and remove the seed. Dice the avocado and squirt it with juice from half the lemon.
5. Whisk together the juice from the other half of lemon, juice from the lime, olive oil, and salt.
6. Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl.
7. Separate into two separate bowls. Toast the bread, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and top each salad with bread and freshly ground black pepper.
436 calories, 29 g fat, 20 g carbs (10 g fiber), 20 g protein, 569 mg sodium
Want More Healthy Salad Recipes?
2. Sign up for my newsletter (on the upper right) to get exclusive recipes not found on my site.