As you’ve probably realized by now, I’m a fan of simple, healthy, and delicious recipes that don’t require a lot of ingredients or work. This cheesy chicken recipe is a perfect example.
Like I said, all you need is some good chicken, a few slices of mozzarella cheese, dried herbes de provence, salt, and pepper. That’s it! My chicken came from John Henry’s, one of my favorite local farms here in Michigan.
Cooking this dish is a snap. You just sear the chicken for a couple minutes a side, top it with cheese, and finish it off in the oven.
Healthwise, this recipe is a winner too. It’ll only set you back 220 calories and less than 10 grams of fat. And you get 33 grams of protein!
If you’re looking for more great recipes using chicken, go to my Healthy Chicken Recipes and scroll down the page.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|10 min||20 min||4|
Ingredients: Cheesy Chicken Recipe with Herbes de Provence
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut into four 4-ounce portions)
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp. herbes de provence
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Cooking spray (or coat pan with 1 T canola oil)
1. Season chicken with herbs, salt, and pepper.
2. Pre-heat a cast iron pan to medium-high heat, and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Spray pan with cooking spray and sear chicken breasts for 2 minutes/side.
4. Immediately transfer to oven-safe pan, add a slice of cheese on top of each chicken breast, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Let chicken sit for 5 minutes before serving.
220 calories, 9.5 g fat, 1 g carbs, 33 g protein, 687 mg sodium