You know what they say: breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And if you’re looking for a delicious and filling breakfast, check out this breakfast scramble recipe with ground beef, eggs, feta cheese, potatoes, tomato, and onions.
There are a couple keys to making this recipe healthy:
2. Use a combination of olive oil and Organic Valley Whipped Butter. Organic Valley makes butter from pasture-raised cows and since it’s whipped it’s lower in calories and fat.
3. I advocate eating whole eggs but for this recipe I used a combination of four whole eggs and four egg whites to cut back on the calories a bit.
The nutrition stat line is pretty great for a breakfast with this much flavor: 249 calories, 14 grams of fat, 24 grams of protein, and 498 milligrams of sodium.
Enough talking … on to the breakfast scramble recipe!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|5 min||20 min||4|
Ingredients: Ground Beef, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Scramble Recipe
- 6 oz. grass fed ground sirloin
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 small potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T Organic Valley Whipped Butter
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Cook the ground beef in a pan over medium heat until it’s just slightly pink. Remove and set aside.
2. Dice the onions and potatoes and cook them with the olive oil and butter for 10-15 minutes over medium heat until they’re tender.
3. Stir the eggs and egg whites together in a separate bowl.
4. Add eggs, ground beef, diced tomato, salt, and pepper to the potatoes and onions. Cook until eggs are just slightly runny.
5. Add the feta cheese and continue cooking for another couple minutes until the eggs are no longer runny.
270 calories, 14 g fat,12 g carbs (1.5 g fiber), 24 g protein, 498 mg sodium