This healthy smoothie recipe uses three of the biggest superfoods on the planet: kale, blueberries, and carrots. Here’s why they’re so good for you:
- Excellent source of vitamins A, C, and K and phytonutrients.
- May have anti-cancer properties due to high vitamin K levels.
- Rich in the eye-health promoting lutein and zeaxanthin compounds.
- Can help prevent cardiovascular disease and cancer.
- Can improve your eyesight and protect your eyes from age-related diseases.
- High in antioxidants (disease-fighting compounds).
- Highest level of antioxidants of all fruits.
- Good source of immune-boosting vitamin C.
- High in fiber, which helps improve your digestive system.
- Helps aid bone development.
The blueberries give this one a very cool purple color too. Here are the specs for my healthy Blueberry Smoothie Recipe.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|5 min||1 min||1|
- 1 cup organic kale
- 1 cup frozen organic blueberries
- 1 cup organic carrots
- 1 cup water
- 3 ice cubes
155 calories, 1 g fat, 37 g carbs (8.5 g fiber), 4 g protein