This Black Bean Avocado Salad is slightly different from my other black bean salad recipe. I used avocado in this one, which is one of my favorite fruits (yes, it’s technically a fruit). Avocado is high in fiber and healthy fats.
Black beans are also an awesome source of fiber and protein. They’re really one of the healthiest plant-based foods you can buy. And they give you a healthy dose of good carbs. This is particularly helpful for people who can’t tolerate gluten. If you’re not willing to spend the time to cook your own beans, I recommend buying the Eden Organic brand. They’re salt-free, use BPA-free cans, and are organic.
I normally use this black bean avocado salad recipe as a side dish with my dinner, but you can eat it as a main course for a healthy vegetarian dinner.
Here’s the recipe … enjoy.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Serves|
|15 min||0 min||4|
Ingredients: Black Bean Avocado Salad Recipe
- 1 can salt-free black beans (like Eden Organic)
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 onion
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 T cilantro
- 1 T reduced fat sour cream
- 1 T fat free yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 lime
- Rinse and chop cilantro.
- Dice onion and tomatoes and cut avocado into small pieces.
- Rinse beans and combine in a bowl with onion, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, zest and juice from half the lime, and salt.
- Mix sour cream and yogurt together and place a dollop on top of the salad.
- Top with black pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.
167 calories, 5 g fat, 21 g carbs, 8 g fiber, 10 g protein, 263 mg sodium