Most cream of tomato soups you see in restaurants are deceptively high in calories, fat, and salt. Here’s one example: Panera’s Creamy Tomato has 410 calories and 29 grams of fat. Add a sandwich and a drink and your meal will likely be well over 1,000 calories.
This healthy cream of tomato soup recipe is different. It has just 130 calories per serving, 3 grams of fat, and 571 milligrams of sodium. All you need to pull it off is a can of salt-free crushed tomatoes (I used Eden Organic), half an onion, 1 T of butter (I used Organic Valley Whipped to cut back on calories), a little low-sodium chicken broth (I used Trader Joe’s) and some salt and pepper.
The best part is, this healthy cream of tomato soup will only take about 10 minutes to make. Just blend all the ingredients together and heat it up in the microwave or on the stove.
Ingredients: Healthy Cream of Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 can of salt-free organic crushed tomatoes (like Eden Organic)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 T Organic Valley Whipped Butter
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1. Combine all ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Blend for 30 seconds
2. Cook in a pot or microwave for several minutes until warm.
130 calories, 3 g fat,16 g carbs (4.5 g fiber), 6 g protein, 571 mg sodium